Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot- Review

March 17, 2016


Hi Lovelies it has been a while since I last posted and apologies again for my long absences on here. With all good intention I do truly try to keep on top of it all as blogging has been this awesome outlet for me to share my thoughts and opinions with you all on my little finds, fashion inspirations and travel. With starting a new job it’s been hard to find that balance as I’m sure you all know and understand Life and work can just takeover sometimes on top of having a temperamental laptop urrrghh. Anyway……..enough of my moaning and whining all I ask is if you can please just bear with me.

Now let’s get on to today’s post!!
Before I get in to my review on Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot I initially wanted to try Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Pressed Powder after seeing a lot of bloggers raving about how great it is (I know I'm easily sucked in) so obviously it was sold out in every Boots store I went to hence me buying this product.

Soap & Glory's description;
Soap & Glory’s new SUPER-TRANSLUCENT MATTIFYING POWDER. It offers world-class shine control and oil-absorption, is ultra-light, and gives skin a traceless, smooth, velvety finish. One shade. For all skin types”.


I have been using this product on and off for the last 3-4 weeks. My skin is more on the normal to oily side and by the second half of the day it does get super shiny in my T-zone area. With a big powder brush I have been lightly brushing the product over my face after I have applied my makeup in the morning and just concentrating it on the center of my face and then during the day I will touch up in my oily areas with the sponge applicator that comes with the product.

 Pros;
  • Compact/easy to carry in your handbag.
  • Affordable.
  • Comes with mirror and sponge applicator.
  • Does conceal shine instantly on application and has a Matt effect.
  • Does give a smooth finish.
Cons;
  • I found it can give my skin a dull grey colour (wouldn't really recommend for anyone with a darker skin tone than me).
  • Can be too drying for under eyes if you wanted to use as a finishing powder.
  • As it is mattifying it can give me a flat look so I do like to apply a bit of blusher after to add some dimension and life back in to my face.

Overall my feelings on this product; I will continue to use it as I have somehow made it work in to my daily makeup routine and it is easy to just chuck in my bag when I'm heading out. I don't plan on replacing it after I have finished as I'm not completely satisfied with the look of my skin complexion after I have brushed it over my face. I do think for those of you who are fairer and lighter skin toned to me you could definitely get away with wearing this product.


I hope this long post which was meant to be a short review has been useful?! Have you tried this product and if so how do you find it? Would love to hear all your thoughts on this and please share any tips!!
Till Next Time
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe